The medium of instruction for formal classroom teaching at HKBU is English, except for those courses that are granted exemption.
15 - 25 (subject to changes)#
HK$42,100 (local); HK$120,000 (non-local)
|HKDSE Core Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 1 SUBJECT||2|
- These programmes will consider Other Language subjects at Grade E or above as unspecified elective subject.
Choices of Major Programme
Students are admitted to the China Studies programme without a specific discipline option and have a common foundation curriculum in the first year. At the end of the first year, they will be allowed to choose and join one concentration through an internal competitive application procedure. For details, please visit website at http://chinast.hkbu.edu.hk/index/
The Bachelor of Social Sciences (Hons) in China Studies Programme has been launched since 1989 with the purpose of training well-rounded China specialists for Hong Kong. The Programme is unique in the sense that it is the first one of its kind at the undergraduate level in Hong Kong integrating China Studies with four disciplines of Economics, Geography, History and Sociology. By choosing one of the disciplines as their Concentration and taking elective courses offered by another three disciplines, the Programme enables students to gain knowledge of Mainland China broadly across disciplines and in depth from a specific field. At the same time, students will be able to develop their critical and analytical abilities, enhance their written and spoken communication skills and their proficiency in Putonghua.
A distinctive feature of the Programme is the Summer Sojourn Programme for all students who have to spend 4 weeks at Tsinghua University (TU), Beijing at the end of their third study year. The Programme consists of four parts, including:
1) An immersion course in Putonghua;
2) Seminars in Contemporary China by government officials, famous Chinese scholars and experts;
3) Trips and visits to places of particular interest to the four Concentrations; and
4) Research project with academic supervision.
Graduates have specific potential for careers in China-related business and prepare for a wide variety of professional careers in business, government, administration, education, the media and community service. Students also pursue postgraduate studies after graduation.
1) #As the 2019/20 Academic Year is the start of the 2019-2022 triennium for which UGC-funded programmes are still subject to the Government's and the Legislative Council's approval, the number of student intake places shown in this web page is indicative only and subject to change or confirmation at a later date.
2) The Programme structure and contents are under review which will be subject to the University's final approval.
3) Students may take an integrated programme by extending their undergraduate study by one year, leading to the award of a bachelor's degree plus a Diploma in Education.
For 2019 entry, the Programme will NOT consider Extended Part of Mathematics (Module 1 or 2) as unspecified elective subject in meeting the entrance requirements. However, it will consider M1/M2 subject as a whole subject in score calculation.
The Programme will NOT consider any Applied Learning Subjects as an unspecified elective subject.
The Programme will consider grade E or above in Other Language subjects as unspecified elective subject.
In general, the scores for the Other Language Subjects (Category C) are converted as follows:
A=5**, B=5*, C=5, D=4, E=3
|HKDSE Academic Score (plus interview score, if any)||Derived from the score formula of individual programme
e.g.: 4 core subjects + 1 best/specified elective or 2 best/specified electives
|Interview Performance||Applicable to School Principal's nominees / applicants with a disability / OEA applicants / regular applicants with interview|
|Band||Band A applicants will be ranked first then Band B, and so on.
A (Prog. Choice 1 - 3) >
B (Prog. Choice 4 - 6) >
C (Prog. Choice 7 - 10) >
D (Prog. Choice 11 - 15) >
E (Prog. Choice 16 - 20)
|HKDSE English Score||Take the best score of HKDSE English Language Result|
|HKDSE Standard Score + 1 best X||Sum of scores for 4 core subjects plus 1 best/specified elective subject (Category A)|
As programmes select students not only on the basis of the HKDSE results, the actual results of the students admitted to each programme may vary from year to year (depending on the overall results achieved by applicants in a particular year, the number of applicants applying to the programme, changes in selection criteria, etc.). Please be reminded that information listed above is for reference ONLY and is subject to change, and should NOT be used to predict the chance of admission to any programme.