The medium of instruction for formal classroom teaching at HKBU is English, except for those courses that are granted exemption.
14 (subject to changes)
HK$42,100 (local); HK$120,000 (non-local)
|HKDSE Core Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|MATHEMATICS COMPULSORY PART||2|
|Elective Subject(s)||Minimum Level|
|ANY 2 SUBJECTS*||3|
- High choice banding in JUPAS application is preferred.
- Good results in Chinese Language and English Language are preferred.
- Candidates may be required to attend an interview.
- Candidates are required to present their portfolios during the interview. They do not need to submit their portfolios before/ after the interview.
- Candidates should prepare their portfolios in digital format for the ease of presentation. Portfolios should demonstrate candidates' potential in creativity, visual and design literacy, animation and/ or game design.
* Remarks: One of the elective subjects can be: a) Extended Part of Mathematics (Module 1 or Module 2); b) Other Language subjects at Grade E or above; c) Related Applied Learning subjects (with "Attained with Distinction I" or above) listed in the following website: http://www.comm.hkbu.edu.hk/admission/en/elective_subjects.html
The Animation and Media Arts Concentration offers a comprehensive curriculum of animation and media arts, with a focus on digital animation. The curriculum comprises foundational courses in storytelling, visual arts and creative thinking, as well as advanced courses in digital animation. Students can also choose to specialise in selected areas such as interactive media, game and graphic design through a wide range of advanced level courses.
Career prospects for graduates include creative content industries, such as network TV, film, broadcasting, cable TV, multimedia, animation, online and interactive application development, visual and creative communicatin, and other sectors involved in the use of electronic image-sound media, such as public relations and advertising, IT, education, publishing, corporate communication, arts and media administration and management.
Animation and Media Arts Concentration will not join broad-based admission. It has adopted programme-based admission since academic year 2017.
For 2018 entry, the Programme will consider Extended Part of Mathematics (Module 1 or 2) as unspecified elective subject in meeting the entrance requirements and as a whole subject in score calculation.
The Programme recognises the qualification "Attained with Distinction I" or above in Applied Learning listed in the following website: http://www.comm.hkbu.edu.hk/admission/en/elective_subjects.html as unspecified elective subjects.
In general, the scores for the Applied Learning Subjects (Category B) are converted as follows:
Attained with Distinction II=4, Attained with Distinction I=3, Attained=2
The Programme will consider grade E or above in Other Language subjects as unspecified elective subject.
In general, the scores for the Other Language Subjects (Category C) are converted as follows:
A=5**, B=5*, C=5, D=4, E=3
|HKDSE Academic Score (plus interview score, if any)||Derived from the score formula of individual programme
e.g.: 4 core subjects + 1 best/specified elective or 2 best/specified electives
|Interview Performance||Applicable to School Principal's nominees / applicants with a disability / OEA applicants / regular applicants with interview|
|Band||Band A applicants will be ranked first then Band B, and so on.
A (Prog. Choice 1 - 3) >
B (Prog. Choice 4 - 6) >
C (Prog. Choice 7 - 10) >
D (Prog. Choice 11 - 15) >
E (Prog. Choice 16 - 20)
|HKDSE English Score||Take the best score of HKDSE English Language Result|
|HKDSE Standard Score + 1 best X||Sum of scores for 4 core subjects plus 1 best/specified elective subject (Category A)|
As programmes select students not only on the basis of the HKDSE results, the actual results of the students admitted to each programme may vary from year to year (depending on the overall results achieved by applicants in a particular year, the number of applicants applying to the programme, changes in selection criteria, etc.). Please be reminded that information listed above is for reference ONLY and is subject to change, and should NOT be used to predict the chance of admission to any programme.